A Full Suite of Dental ServicesLocated in the heart of New Rochelle, Dr. Derek Lewis and his staff are eager to treat you and your family to top quality, professional dental care.
We provide a full range of general, cosmetic, orthodontic, periodontic and implant dental services and therefore can serve most of your dental care needs.
Let us help you maintain your dental health and achieve a beautiful, healthy smile. We accept most insurance plans, credit cards and checks. We also offer a variety of payment plans customized to you individual needs.
We screen for early detection of oral problemsCurrent research indicates that problems with your mouth can affect your overall health. The opposite also is very true. It is important to detect dental problems early so that your mouth and your entire body remain healthy.
Periodontal (gum) disease affects three out of four adults at some time in their lives. It doesn't necessarily hurt and you may not even be aware you have it until an advanced stage. Regular dental visits every 6 months are essential for detecting periodontal disease at an early stage, before gums and the supporting bone are irreversibly damaged. We will screen your mouth for signs of periodontal disease every time you visit our office for an oral examination and prophylaxis (teeth cleaning).
During your exam, we also will screen for pre-cancerous changes in your oral tissues, head and neck. Cancer detected at an early stage can be more successfully treated. We will check your head, neck, and oral tissues for lumps, masses, growths, red or white patches, and recurring sore areas.
We will also screen your teeth for signs of tooth decay, examine your bite to make sure that you can chew properly, and check your temporomandibular (jaw) joints for signs of problems.
Digital dental radiographs (X-rays) are usually taken every 6 months as part of your exam. Among other things, dental radiographs can help to assess tooth decay and periodontal disease. In children, radiographs are also used to evaluate growth and development of the mouth.
As a part of your visit, we'll teach you the best way to keep your mouth healthy. We will review your brushing and flossing techniques, discuss good dietary habits, and may suggest additional tools to help keep your mouth clean. Keeping your teeth clean is the most important thing that you can do to prevent tooth decay and periodontal disease.
We stay up- to- date with cosmetic advances in dentistryWhile we are primarily concerned about your oral health, we understand the way your teeth look is also very important. With dentistry's many advances, you no longer have to settle for chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth. You now have choices that can help you smile with confidence. These smile-enhancing treatments may be much more comfortable, less time-consuming, and more affordable that you realize.
We'll put your needs and wishes first and advise you on the best long-term preventative plan for healthy, attractive teeth.
Dr. Derek A. Lewis and staff are constantly working to improve and expand their skills in an effort to provide the best care, latest techniques and advanced technology for his patients. Dr. Lewis has completed over 500 hours of continuing education since he started practicing general dentistry in 1983. Dr. Lewis enjoys practicing dentistry and offering the most comfortable patient experience, while utilizing the latest technology that dentistry has to offer.
The staff at Smilematters Dental also regularly participate in dental continuing education, excellence in customer service and insurance seminars in order to give our patients the best experience.
- Lumineers: Permanent Whitening & Instant Orthodontics
- Invisalign: Wireless Orthodontics
- Dental Implants: Tooth Replacement that Mimics Nature
- Sapphire Teeth Whitening: Professional Laser Whitening
- Valplast: A lighter more esthetic denture
- PlaySafe: Sports Mouthguards
- Digital x-ray (90% less radiation exposure)
- Routine and complex tooth extraction
- White and porcelain fillings
- Laser Gum treatment
- Root canal therapy
- Crowns & bridges
- Oclussal Guard
Advanced Technology For the comfort and safety of our patients!
- Painless Dentistry with the Wand, a comfortable alternative to the syringe
- Laser Dentistry, resulting in minimal healing time and bleading
- Computerized practice mangement, for easy and safe record keeping of patient information
- Digital Xrays, minimal radiation exposure comparable to sun exposure
- Lumineers porcelain veneers are a easy safe, painless, permanent cosmetic solution for stained, chipped, discolored or misaligned teeth.
- Lumineers are contact lens-thin porcelain veneers that are bonded to the front of existing teeth.
- Lumineers require no reduction in tooth structure, no shots and no temporaries.
- Lumineers porcelain veneers can be placed no matter how old or young you are.
- Lumineers porcelain veneers typically require two dental visits and are placed in only one hour.
- Lumineers instantly whiten teeth and maintains it's beautiful luster and vitality thanks to it's patented durable porcelain
- Lumineers can close gaps and dramatically improve your smile without months of wearing braces
- Anyone can have a beautiful smile, which can be a life-changing procedure.
- Come in and try on your new Smile.
Free Digital Smile Makeover!
See what you could look like with Lumineers!
Before-and-After LUMISmile photo's are yours to keep!
Call us today!!
- Invisalign is a breakthrough technique that straigtens your teeth without braces, using a series of clear, comfortable aligners that are custom-modeled to fit your teeth.
- You graduate to a new set of aligners about every two weeks, and your teeth are gradually repositioned into a winning smile.
- Having straight, healthy teeth can give you the confidence you need to show the world a big, beautiful smile. As we get older, our teeth tend to shift and often become crowded. This is a common problem for many adults. As a result, it becomes more difficult to keep teeth clean and healthy. Not to mention show the world a big smile.
- Straightening your teeth with Invisalign can correct that crowding and help you maintain your dental health.
- Don't let an unattractive smile hold you back.
- Ask us about orthodontic treatment with Invisalign, the clear alternative to braces.
Call us today for a FREE Invisalign Consultation.
- Implant dentistry is the most advanced theraphy available to replace missing teeth.
- An alternative to dentures or bridgework for replacing teeth. Implants more closely mimick natural teeth in appearance, feel, and function than bridge work.
- Dental implants may offer you important advantages compared to other treatment options: improved dental health, enhanced appearance, greater self-confidence and better quality of life.
- When your treatment is complete, you should be able to chew, speak and socialize without experiencing the negative emotions that having a missing tooth can sometimes cause.
- Also, a dental implant will help minimize the amount of bone that will be lost in the area of the missing tooth. Preserving oral bone may help maintain your remaining natural teeth and natural facial contours. Replacing your missing tooth may reduce the risk of having poorer nutritional habits often found in patients who do not replace missing teeth.
- Ask us about how a dental implant may you give you the closest thing to a beautiful, natural tooth.
- A practically invisible lightweight, flexible removable Non-Metal Partial Denture
- Valplast is made of durable plastic that snaps securely and comfortably into place around your existing natural teeth and gums.
- The color, shap and design of valplast partials, blend with the natural appearance of your gums, making the partial virtually invisible.
- Valplast dentures are thin enough to eliminate that heavy bulky feeling that makes wearing metal partials so unpleasant.
- Valplast are a viable alternative for full denture patients who are alllergic to acrylic
- Valplast dentures completely eliminate the metal clasps which may cause irritation and be visible.
- Discover the many advantages of changing your existing dentures to a comfortable, flexible and clear valplast denture.
PLAYSAFE SPORTS MOUTHGUARDS
- If you or your family are active in sports, we have good news for you!
- You have the power to prevent injury with our Dentist Fitted Multi-Laminated Mouthguards
- Both Stock and boil and bite mouthguards are typically found in sporting goods stores and neither fits as accurately as custom fabricated types. They often go unworn because they're uncomfortable and frequently interfere with breathing and speaking. Custom fabricated mouthguards have been shown to be far more effective than those offered in sporting goods stores.
- A custom fit ensures protection.
- Choose your own colors or match team colors
- Everyone can benefit from the new PLAYSAFE custom fitted mouthguards. From the littlest boys and girls on soccer teams all the way up to professional athletes, there's no reason anyone should put their teeth at risk.
- Play hard, but PLAYSAFE.
SAPPHIRE PROFESSIONAL WHITENING
- Have more confidence in your smile. Our Sapphire laser whitening can give you a younger, whiter smile in just 30 minutes.
- Whitens smiles up to 7 shades
- Integrated fluoride protects teeth from demineralization and caries
- No exposure to harmful UV rays
- Does not require protective sunscreen or face mask
“Dear Dr. Lewis and Staff, Thank You for the wonderful service i received on Monday December 5th. It has taken me a while to find a dentist that i am comfortable with. But i feel that search has been solved. I am looking forward to having a long relationship with you and your staff. Again, Dr. Lewis thank you for your skillfull work. I will recommend you at every opportunity.”
Sincerely Ms. D. Samuels
“On my first visit to the dental offices of Dr. Lewis, i was impressed by the professional treatment and the sensitive care that i received from everyone in the office. I am sure from the apparent condition of my mouth on that first visit everyone knew that i have not been a frequent visitor to anyone's dental offices. However, I believe that i have now found a dental home, and i will be a frequent visitor from now on. Thank You.”
”With regard to the services that have been provided to me by Dr. Derek A. Lewis & Associates, I'd like all to know that i have been a patient of Dr. Lewis for approximately 20 years. I find the office to be very business-like and courteous in their dealings with patients and the provision of services. Over the years i have been able to feel confident that i was receiving the best possible service available . You feel free to ask questions and be assured that you are receiving correct information and sound advice. I have recommended several friends to use the services of Dr. Lewis and to my best knowledge thay have been pleased with the services. I'm pleased to have expressed my thoughts in the form of most positive testimonial for Dr. Derek A. Lewis DDS.”